Skip to main content

Performance Art






For my performance art, I decided to make water xylophones. I took some small water bottles to create my xylophone. Before testing out the pitch sounds, I poured a little bit of water out arranging them from the smallest amount of water, to biggest amount of water.

After that, I used an artificial flavor color to make sure they had a tuning sound. I filmed this outside on the patio. I tested out the water bottles to see if they sounded okay. The pitches increased by a low pitch to a higher pitch for these water bottles.

The song I played was, "Since U Been Gone," Kelly Clarkson. I enjoyed playing along to it by using my Bose speaker. It is really cool to make homemade xylophones by using water bottles or glasses with water. I feel like this is a useful tune.

I hope to do something like this sometime soon.

Comments

  1. I thought that this was a really cool idea, to make your own instrument really and create something original. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Final Art Project

  This is the final art project for the semester! I'm so thrilled. For my Video Art project, I decided to film myself drawing because I am an animation major, so drawing is very important in the animation field. I decided to draw two characters  named Derek and Odette from the movie The Swan Princess . If you haven't seen or heard of the movie before, I recommend watching it. It's a really good movie. I did the drawing using my own style of drawing. Before I started filming, I did some research online to see how I should do the drawing. After picking a style that was easier for me, I used my moleskine book to start drawing the characters. Towards the end I darkened them. The final part was to add some clips from the movie to go with the theme. I also added music from the soundtrack to go with it as well. Let me tell you, it turned out perfect! From January to May, I have learned a lot from this class. It has given me some ideas for the next two years of college. On

Flipbook

What I did for my flipbook is I used one of my books I read my junior year of high school and started creating doodles in it. Towards the end I wrote some Chinese calligraphy. I wrote what the letters meant in Chinese, since I don't speak the language.